Friday, August 20, 2010

No. 88: What Happens in London

What Happens in London by Julia Quinn

I read this book because for some reason it was in my purse and I needed something to read at the doctors office. Lucky for me, I love Julia Quinn and this is one of her really good books.

It is about Olivia Bevelstoke who hears a rumor that her new neighbor might have killed her fiancee. She thinks that the logical response to this rumor is to spy on the neighbor from her bedroom window which conveniently looks into his office window. She sees many unusual and suspicious things but nothing that definitively indicates the man is a murderer.

I love the unusual courtship in this story, I love that some truly bizarre things happen (tabletop theatrics, unusual headgear and suspicious bodyguards to name a few) and I really love the interactions between Harry and Olivia, particularly at the beginning of the book.Very amusing.

No comments: