Thursday, August 19, 2010

Nos. 83 - 85: The Luxe Series

The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
Rumor
Envy

This is the first three books in this series, there is at least one more (and I hope even more after that) set in New York City in 1899 and 1900. It follows the stories of some of the leading families of the era, most particularly the Holland family and its two daughters Elizabeth and Diana. I have never read anything set in this time period and location, it was very interesting. And the stories are particularly engrossing, I read the first (which I got for FREE on my kindle) and then immediatly the second and third. I would have read the fourth one but I have been away from my internet connection (or a bookstore for that matter) for a few days and had to make do with whatever books I could find. More on those later.

Anyway, I absolutely don't want to spoil any of it because it is great. But I can tell you that the prologue to the first book is all about the very fancy funeral of Elizabeth Holland. And there is significant intrigue and plotting and even blackmail in the series and I cannot wait to find out what happens!!!

No comments: