Monday, August 2, 2010

No. 74: Charlie St Cloud

Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood

I read this book solely because I am interested in seeing a movie starring Zac Efron with no shirt. Is that wrong? But I can't just go see a movie - a movie so intense looking I almost cried at the preview - without knowing a little more. So I got the book, and I read it, and I cried the entire time. And I decided that no amount of Zac Effron with no shirt could persuade me to see this movie in the theatre. I HATE crying at the movie theatre, and I am guaranteed to cry for the majority of this movie. Just as I cried for the majority of the book.

The book is the story of Charlie St. Cloud who can see the spirit of his dead little brother and who gives up his life to spend every night playing catch with a ghost. Sad. But there is romance! But the romance is sad. But there is happy parts too! But the happy parts are also sad. So there was much crying. I think I will just get the movie when it comes out on Netflix and save my ogling and crying for home, where it belongs.

No comments: