Sunday, November 1, 2009

No. 96: At Home in Stone Creek

At Home in Stone Creek by Linda Lael Miller

Again I felt compelled to buy a LLM book despite the fact that I have not been liking them much lately. I have no idea why. This one was kind of boring, there wasn't really any drama or exciting or much of a plot in my opinion. No tension, everything resolved too easily and quickly. I didn't have time to work up the effort to care about what happened. It had potential - MMC was unhealthily attached to his dead wife, FMC was harboring Indian children that she had no legal right to, the brother has been having an illicit relationship with a saloon owner - but still, nothing. Kind of a bummer.

I feel like the last couple of books I have read have been disappointing, I need something really good to read now. I have three newish books to read, but they are in actual book form rather than kindle. I almost just bought them again on the kindle, but I restrained myself. I guess I will just have to read the old fashioned way - with a real book :)

No comments: