Saturday, November 14, 2009

This is Amazing!!!

I found this interview, of a woman who read 462 books in one year. That is amazing! I would love to be able to do that - can you imagine? Of course, she is a book critic so reading is her job, but still!!!

Of course I am CERTAIN that she reads actual literature and not romance novels, but now I have something to aspire to.

I really identified with her assessment of her reading style. I would say mine is similar - reading a passage at a time more than a word at a time. But I am not sure I am quite as speedy as her. Typically, a 300 something page book takes me somewhere in the neighborhood of 2ish hours. Depending on how good it is, I always read faster when the book is good - which is both awesome and frustrating. Because obviously if a book is good I want to finish it so I know what happens, but I also want to enjoy it for as long as possible because it is so good.

No comments: