Sunday, December 20, 2009

No. 117: Irresistible Forces

Irresistible Forces by Brenda Jackson

This was another FREE!!!! book from Amazon. I am on a spending freeze until after Christmas so I can afford all the presents I bought since I am not working. This is very unfortunate for me because I love to buy books, especially for my beloved kindle. But, at least there are some free books out there for me. Even if they are less than great.

Like this book for example. Not great, not even good really. Kind of bad if I am being honest. I knew straight off that I wouldn't like it, but I was desperate. The plot is this - a young professional (rich) woman decides that she wants to have a baby but is not interested in having a relationship to get one. So she thinks of the most perfect guy she can - a client of hers - who is also SUPER RICH and hot and SURPRISE, he wants a baby too but doesn't want to get married and he thinks she is hot so he decides to go for it.

So basically the whole plot is trying to get this woman knocked up. And clearly they are going to fall in love. And spoiler alert - they totally succeed in getting her pregnant in the one week they spend together. And the dialogue was horrible. And, the other thing that really bothered me was that the author "told" me a lot more than she "showed" me. It was very annoying. But FREE!!!

No comments: