Wednesday, December 30, 2009

No. 118: The Prayers of Agnes Sparrow

The Prayers of Agnes Sparrow by Joyce Magnin

Yet another free book, but this one is something a lot different. The narrator is Griselda Sparrow, sister of Agnes Sparrow. Agnes is a 600 something pound woman who makes miracles happen. I seriously have no idea how the author came up with this plot, but it was so interesting. Agnes, who confined herself to her home after becoming too fat to get around easily began praying for the townspeople and miracles started happening. A mysterious stranger comes to town hoping that Agnes can make a miracle happen for him. There are a couple of unusal twists, things I didn't really see coming. But I would recommend this book because it is not like any thing I have read before. And since I want people to read it I am not going to spoil it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, just wanted to say thank you for reading Agnes and including it on your list. Always fun to meet a fan. If you liked Agnes, you will want to look forward to the next Bright's Pond book, Charlotte Figg Takes Over Paradise. It releases next fall. Peace. ~ Joyce

Holly said...

Thanks for the comment Joyce. I enjoyed your book very much and am looking forward to the next one!