Wednesday, December 30, 2009

No. 121: Can You Keep a Secret?

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella

I totally loved this book. It was so funny and good I almost didn't leave to pick the girls up from daycare. And as soon as I got home and got them some dinner I started reading again until I finished. I mean, I really liked it, one of the best books I have read in a long time.

I always forget how much I appreciate a funny book - like Janet Evanovich and sometimes Suzanne Brockmann I love a book that is funny but still has a plot. I don't know if I would call this more of a chick lit or a romance - but there was definitely a focus on the relationships of the FMC. Particularly her relationship with Jack.

The book starts out with the FMC traveling back to London after a semi-disastrous work meeting in Scotland. As she is flying home the plane goes through some serious turbulence and thinking they are going to crash and die, she spills all of her deepest secrets to the guy sitting next to her. Of course he is the owner of the company she works for and hijinks ensue. Very funny hijinks.

Anyway, it was such a good book that I have now officially decided to read (or re-read) every book she has ever written! Wish me luck!!!

No comments: