Wednesday, December 30, 2009

No. 120: Sizzle

Sizzle by Julie Garwood

Julie Garwood decided to release this new book on my anniversary - wasn't that a nice present! I actually bought it the day it came out and stayed up very late to read it. And I liked it. I have said many times that I don't like her contemporary books as well as I do her historical ones. And I mean it. In the hierarchy of my favorite Garwood books it goes 1) Scottish historicals 2) all other historicals, 3) contemporary serial killer books that freak me out, and finally 4) all other contemporary books. This book would happen to fall into the last category but luckily for me I still liked it better than most other contemporary romances!

This book had a little mystery, a little attempted homicide, a slightly crazy/deluded hit man and a super hot Scottish FBI agent. Those are the kind of things I can get behind in a book. Maybe for my next anniversary present she will head back to the highlands for the whole story instead of just the end!!!

No comments: