Wednesday, December 30, 2009

No. 119: Pirate Latitudes

Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crighton

I have read several books my Michael Crighton before, and I have enjoyed them all. This is his newest book and it was good, but I wouldn't say one of his best. It was kind of strange but it seemed like this was more of a movie treatment than a book. I didn't think there was as much character development - I couldn't really get into their motivations. It was all action, drama, action, drama. And it was good action and drama, don't get me wrong, but it was missing something for me. I couldn't care enough about what was happening. In fact, I actually put the book down for the night and went to bed half way through. And I almost always have to finish a book before I can sleep. And when I picked it up the next night, I finished it quickly so I could move on to something else. Something I did read all in one night (and stayed up very late to finish!)

But I bet it would make a great movie. I wonder if that is the plan...

No comments: