Wednesday, December 30, 2009

No. 122: Twenties Girl

Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella

Shortly after I vowed to read every book Sophie Kinsella has ever written, I found this book on my living room bookshelf. And I mean really shortly after, as in 20 minutes after! A few (or more) weeks ago my sister in-law lent it to me but I had not been particularly motivated to read it because it was in actual book form and not on my beloved Kindle. But, after the last book I read and loved by this author (which I read this afternoon) I had to immediately read this book. And even though it seemed like kind of a fat book it was a very quick read because I started it at the girls bathtime and finished it by 10:00.

It was about a woman who was visited by the ghost of her late great-aunt Sadie who needs her help to find a missing necklace. Apparently she cannot "move on" or whatever you want to call it until this last request is accomplished. I thought Sadie was kind of annoying but I still liked the book. Kinsella has a way of writing her FMCs that I like, even though they often embarass the living daylights out of themselves. It is funny and they always recover and fall in love with dashing Americans (or at least they have in the last two books I read) And they are definitely not the typical romance novel - maybe because they are considered chick-lit? I am not entirely sure.

But I am moving forward with my quest. I plan to read all of her single titles first and then re-read the shopaholic series.

No comments: