Friday, March 2, 2012

No. 38: My Heart Stood Still

My Heart Stood Still by Lynn Kurland

Should have read this one first, but it was still good even though I knew what exactly what was going to happen. This may be a surprise to you, but I know pretty much what is going to happen in most romance novels - they fall in love, happily ever after, the end. So even though I knew exactly what was going to happen here, rather than the general idea I usually have, it was still worth a read because it is the character development, the little side plot points and the general depth of story you get from a full book rather than a brief retelling in a later book in the series.

That being said, I don't have strong feelings for either of the two main characters. I tried, I wanted to, but I couldn't pull it off. Not sure why, it just wasn't working for me. Still a good book, but not one of my favorites in this series.

So I have officially read ALL of the Lynn Kurland books that I own - there are maybe a handful left that I need to track down, including Kendrick which I think might be one of my favorites but I can't remember and it is not on kindle!!! For shame Amazon, how could you leave this book out?!?!?

No comments: