Sunday, March 25, 2012

No. 46: Rumors

Rumors by Anna Godbersen

This is the second book in the Luxe series, maybe not quite as good as the first because of sadness and broken hearts - I really hate when it doesn't end up happily ever after when it should. But still good, still full of amazing dresses/outfits. I wish I could visualize them better - I had to look up the names of a few kinds of fabric so I could have a better idea. This of course lead me to vast internet sources for authentic period costumes - from any period you can imagine - which of course lead me to many wasted hours (or not wasted, depends on your perspective) with Ella and Avery in my lap voting on which dresses we liked the best. It is no surprise that the more elaborate, bejeweled and enormous the dress the more Ella liked it.  Avery liked all of the black dresses, because black is her favorite color.

Anyway, back to the book, not much to say other than it was good and I now have to read the rest in the series, if only so that my new found costuming education does not go to waste!

No comments: