Sunday, March 25, 2012

No. 45: Luxe

Luxe by Anna Godbersen

When I was trying to type the name of this book in the title area I wrote Luke instead of Luxe - like 7 times in a row. Weird.

Anyway, I have read this series before, but I had hoped it would be long enough ago that I wouldn't remember what happened. Unfortunately, this turned out to be only partially true - the main plot points of this book are very very memorable. But this isn't necessarily a bad thing, it is a good book.

It is set in turn of the century New York City and focuses on two sisters and their "friends" among the elite of society. I love love love the descriptions of the dresses, houses and general fanciness. So amazing, makes me want to start sewing ridiculously elaborate dresses for the girls. They would love it!

No comments: