Thursday, March 22, 2012

No. 43: The Taming of the Duke

The Taming of the Duke by Eloisa James

I found this book when I was cleaning out my craft room and realized that I had never read it. So, obviously the only logical thing to do in that situation is to stop cleaning immediately and read the book. So I did. This is why my house is messy but I have read 43 books in less than 3 months.

Anyway, this is another historical romance - regency era specifically. It is about a young woman who was widowed after only 2 weeks of marriage and her plan to find herself an affair. It is also about her alcoholic ex-guardian who happens to be a duke! I must say, I love a book about a duke. I believe it all goes back to my beloved Wulf in the Slightly series by Mary Balough. This duke is no Wulf, but he is a drunk, then a recovering drunk and then he is in disguise and finally a regular sober (apparently very handsome) duke.

This book is clearly part of a series (hooray!) about 4 sisters - I must find the rest of the series immediately of course. However, I may not be able to read them for awhile. Turns out all this reading has caused me to fall very behind in my housework. People might start to get upset if they have no clean clothes or dishes. I better get on that.

No comments: