Wednesday, September 10, 2008

No. 105: Son of the Morning

Son of the Morning by Linda Howard

I decided to re-read some some of Linda's older books to see why she used to be one of my favorite authors - I am glad I started with this one. It is definitely a good one as it combines many of my favorite things into one book - a murderous bad guy, the Scottish highlands, being on the run, time travel, history, and a FMC who knows how to take care of business. (all this book needs to be perfect is a Navy Seal XD) Also this book had the added bonus of being somewhat about the Knights Templar which is a very interesting subject (no matter how completely made up and crazy the stuff is) So, even though this book was still a little graphic, and totally out of date (set in the early 90's I think) the amazing plot totally saved the book.

I also discovered (at my new favorite place - the library) the real reason why I used to love Linda Howard, she wrote one of my all time favorite series about a family - the MacKenzie series. Which, in my humble opinion is awesome!

Today was a 2 book day (my favorite type of day) and since my glorious and beloved maternity leave is almost over, I have to make the most of every minute. And really, what could be a better way to spend a day than snuggling with a sweet sleeping baby and reading a good book?

No comments: