Thursday, September 18, 2008

No. 111: Glory Glory

Glory Glory by Linda Lael Miller

I bought this book online and I didn't even read the summary, I just bought it because of the author. If I had, I probably would not have bought it. Not that it wasn't a fine book, but it is one of those plots that I am not a big fan of - the whole we used to be in love but then there was a tragic misunderstanding because the characters were not acting rationally AT ALL and then they meet again and still love yet HATE each other. Gets on my nerves when book characters act so stupid. Even though I know it is not real life, I have a hard time becoming invested in characters who don't act like a normal person would. So it wasn't bad, but I didn't really like it. Also, for some reason, the author used the word latte like 1000 times (approximately) and it was italicized and it was very very irritating.

So this is like the 3rd or 4th not that good book in a row. I have a new stack from the library of old favorites that I know I love and I just got Stephanie Meyer's book The Host in the mail today - no vampires, but I have heard it is good so we will see. But it has aliens and I technically hate alien books. But I suppose with the exception of her Twilight series, I hate vampire books too :)

No comments: