Friday, September 26, 2008

No. 118: Faefever

Faefever by Karen Marie Moning

I feel totally gypped and I have no one to blame but myself. For some reason, I was positive that this series was a trilogy, and so this would be the last book and I would get some resolution and find out what happens, but no. It is not the last book (which is really a good thing) but I was so excited about finding out the ending because it is such a dramatic series, that I was actually really disappointed when the book ended in a VERY critical place and I have to wait, who knows how long, until the next one comes out. At least I have the author's assurances that there is a happy ending because it totally does not seem like one is possible from how the story is going.

This book/series is a lot different than what I usually read. It is not a romance, it is not a mystery really (although there are several mysterious characters) it is more of a fantasy or action series. But I like it! I have several other books by this author that I will have to find and re-read.

The FMC kicks butt - and although her motives are good (saving mankind and vengence for her murdered sister), her actions are sometimes not. I also like that she is not perfect, she doesn't know what she is doing, but she is trying and she takes action even when it might be wrong. And I have no idea who will end up being her real love interest - if there is one. There seem to be three options, and I am kind of torn between two. One is possibly a bad guy though, and he gets irrationally angry and mean, but there is CHEMISTRY! I cannot wait until the next book in the series comes out!

I did order the first book in the series from Amazon because for some reason no bookstore in Anchorage sells it. So I do have that to look forward to.

No comments: