Thursday, September 25, 2008

No. 117: A Summer to Remember

A Summer to Remember by Mary Balogh

This book I liked much better than the last one. Not only was I happy to see Lauren get a good ending, but it is the introduction of some of my all time favorite characters, the Bedwyns and Syndham Butler. Now I really want to read their stories too - although that is like 9 books. And they are all packed still somewhere in the garage, and I have a huge stack of books from the library to get through so it might have to wait. Even though this book was good, it does not compare to the Slightly series or the Simply series because this book is a lot more like Balogh's more traditional regencies that I am not a fan of. Too much tragedy, too many misunderstandings. But I did like it.

I also just remembered that I probably have already read both the Slightly and the Simply series this year. But they are both so good, I could read them over and over - and I have read the Slightly series at least 5 times because it is so so good.

No comments: