Monday, September 29, 2008

No. 120: The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

This was a book recommended by author Stephanie Meyer on her blog. I was looking for something different to read, but I was almost reluctant to start because it seemed maybe too different. The book is set in the future, there is no more US, but a new country with 12 districts. Every year each district has to send one boy and one girl to the hunger games, which is essentially a fight to the death. The last one standing wins. The book is focused on the FMC Katniss. I have to say that I really liked it. I couldn't stop reading it, even though Ella was making a mess in the living room (and bathroom). I couldn't even stop when dancing with the stars came on. And even though I was unsatisfied with the ending (I needed more!) I could see why the author stopped there. I think this is actually a young adult book, but I think it was great! I will definitely take Stephanie's recommendations in the future.

No comments: