Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2010: Here Have a Husband

Here Have a Husband by Heather Gean

This was the first book I got on my new kindle, with my new amazon gift card (thank you Santa/Aaron) It was highly rated on Amazon, but I was kind of disappointed. The characters were interesting, but the FMC was a little too strident and I couldn't quite figure out why she hated the guy she did (rumors of alcoholism and one night of mild jerkiness that was semi prompted by her own bad attitude) and why she loved the guy she did.

Also - and this is the worst part - the ENTIRE premise of the book is that the government is now solely responsible for arranging ALL marriages and if you don't marry who they match you with you can't get legally married. And it is supposedly in the semi near future. If it was the distant future, with robots and flying cars, etc, maybe I could buy it. But right now, I find it so very unlikely that Americans would ever give control over their marriages to the government that it pretty much ruined the entire book. Also, like the government would ever take control of something so expensive! Without any chance of revenue! Forget about it.  

So not that great a start to the year, but I know it will get better!

No comments: