Monday, January 16, 2012

No. 18: The More I See You

The More I See You by Lynn Kurland

This book is only tangentely related to the dePiaget, but Kurland's website includes it as a part of that series so I will try and follow directions and read it when I am supposed to.

This is about Richard De Galtres, who is a knight with a sad and tragic childhood, who is stuck with an unfortunatley crazy middle brother, a young and totally untrained younger brother, a reluctant squire and a keep that is in total need of rebuilding (since he tore the last one down with his bare hands) He also has some seriously medievil ideas about men and women. WHich of course is not unusual since it is like 1260 or something.

Jessica (our FMC) wishes on a star that she might find the perfect man for her, and is sent back in time! She is discovered by Richard's crazy brother Hugh, who thinks she is a fairy, and rescued by Richard who doesn't know what to think but isn't really interested in being bothered by a mere woman.

She steals his horse a number of times and finally convinces him that she isn't useless because she cannot mend his tunics or fix him dinner. But there is that nasty old fairy rumor floating around - that could be problematic.

Also, Kendrick dePiaget from Artane makes an appearance (and sets the stage for his book which for some reason I do not have but will be getting as soon as possible) and there is tragedy and allegations of witchcraft and a meeting with a fellow timetraveling lady (From yet another book I don't have! What is wrong with me!)

So clearly my book collection is sorely lacking. I will remedy that as soon as I am able. I have hearings this week so technically I should be researching Social Security regulations not time travel romance novels. But we will see if I can't make time for both. Moderation in all things right?

No comments: