Tuesday, January 10, 2012

No. 12: Another Chance to Dream

Another Chance to Dream by Lynn Kurland

All my plans of reading these books in some sort of order has fallen by the wayside - sort of. As it turns out I started sort of close to the end. But then, when I was picking up all the books Avery knocked on the floor, I found this one! The story of Rhys and Gwen! The first couple of Artane and perhaps the most tragic couple of all! It is so deliciously full of suffering and heartbreak! And, since I just admitted that I LOVE that sort of thing (being the bad person that I am) I couldn't wait to read it!

Oh Rhys, such a good hero! He was knighted at a young age, but since he didn't have any property he had no hope of marrying his one true love, Gwennelyn of Seagrave. Even though her father liked him WAY better than the idiot he betrothed her to. Which makes me happy I was not born in medevil England (despite the distinct and troubling lack of hunky knights available today) at least I can marry whomever I want.

Poor Gwen too, she loves Rhys, and who wouldnt, but she has to marry Alain who is gross and dumb and gross. And there is nothing they can do about it! And the heart break lasts for years! I mean years! It is amazing. But the end is all worth it, especially knowing there are quite a few books coming about theit children and other ancestors. And they are just as good, but maybe with slightly less pain and suffering. Slightly.

No comments: