Tuesday, January 10, 2012

No. 11: With Every Breath

With Every Breath by Lunn Kurland

Since I had just read Madelyn's story, I thought I had better read her sister Sunshine's next. And not just because it is SO awesome, but because I thought I should make some atttempt at reading these in order. (A plan I later sort of disregarded)

So, Sunny it is! She loves Scotland - as I am sure I would if I ever went there - and she has conveniently inherited a little crooked cottage and taken up the role of The MacLeod Witch. Previously held by her cottage's former occupant Moraig. Speaking of Moraig, what a great name for a witch! Perfect!

Anyway, one night, Sunny hears a knock at her door and as she steps through the doorway she goes back in time! Hooray! More time travel! Of course she falls madly in love with a handsome Laird. And of course they can never be together because of his duties and position. And of course there is danger and almost being drowned as a witch and terrible terrible heartbreak!

As I have been reading these books I started to wonder why I like my heroes and heroines to suffer so much? I mean, when there is heartbreak and they can't be together but they love each other and they SUFFER because of it, I really like it. Maybe I am a bad person, secretly, on the inside.

No comments: