Sunday, January 30, 2011

No. 13: Shadowfever

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

I wasn't sure the series could recover after the last book which I didn't care for at all. But, to my surprise this book was an improvement. Not awesome, but in parts it approached the goodness of the first book. I thought it was really intersting the way Mac responded to the death of the beast and how she resolved to go on after it. I thought the whole White Mansion (or whatever it is called) part was totally boring, but I was glad to see Christian again, I thought the part about the Keltars bringing their families to Dublin was kind of funny. I liked the parts at Chesters. I thought the Dani parts were good. I thought the baby monster part was weird but also sad and very informative into his father's motivations and actions. It made me really like him a lot more. I liked the Rowena resolution.

It was a good end to the series - at least I hope it is the end. I am not overly intersted in reading it all again any time soon. If you like fantasy/fae books this series is a lot better than others I have read so I would recommend it there, but if you don't care for that genre it isn't maybe for you. It is different than her Highlander series (which I vastly prefer) and now I might read since I have been reminded about Adam and the Keltars again. Although I think I might need a KMM break for awhile.

No comments: