Friday, January 14, 2011

No. 3: The Lost Hero

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

Now, this is what I am talking about - a good book, a can't put it down had to read until midnight to finish it kind of book. It has been awhile since I have read one of those! I think since September 3, 2010! That is a long time.Also, interestingly, both books are YA series. I guess I have the book tastes of a 14 year old. Whatever.

This book is Book One in The Heroes of Olympus series - which I discovered is connected to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. So hooray! Two things I love, a new series, and discovering that a great new series is connected to a great existing series.

This book was similar to the Percy Jackson books in many ways - same world, Gods, monsters, Camp Half-Blood, a quest, young love - but also better in some ways because it is longer! and more mysterious! and there are mysteries yet to be revealed! So that is good news! The three main characters in this book - Piper, Jason and Leo were good, likable and interesting. I am not sure how many books will be in this series, but I hope several.

The bad news is that the next book in the series doesn't come out until fall. However, given my extreme book related short term memory issues I should be able to re-read this book in the fall and not remember a thing.

No comments: