Monday, January 24, 2011

No. 9: Mercy

Mercy by Julie Garwood

I needed something to read so I turned to my favorite bookshelf, the one where I keep my favorite authors. And I grabbed the first Julie Garwood book I saw. Now admittedly, her contemporary crime/FBI stuff is not my favorite. Although I do love the FBI quite a bit. This one seemed more like a John Grisham type story - a mystery involving crime, a secretive group of white collar criminals expand their criminal enterprise into murder ... and mystery and drama and gun battles ensue.

While reading this book I came up with a hypothesis regarding Garwood's FMCs. They are all very similar whether they are a doctor in present day Lousiana, the daughter of a Baron in the Middle Ages in England or a choir singer in the wild west - they are all intelligent, independent and stubborn (which are good things) but they are also very easliy overcome around hot guys, they need constantly get them selves in dangerous situations and despite their many positive qualties seem kind of flightly. So, I am going to read more Julie Garwood books to test my hypothesis out - it will be a great hardship I am sure. I will keep you posted as I go along.

No comments: