Friday, January 14, 2011

Recommendations - Young Adult

There was a request for me to list a few of my favorite books - since I have like 100 favorite books, I will do my best to narrow it down by category.

Young Adult:

1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - the best, can't beat it, I would read all 7 books in a row without stopping if I were given the opportunity to do so. I have read them all many times and they never disappoint and I never get sick of them.

2. Twilight series by Stephanie Meyers - yes I am a nerd, but these books are awesome. I have read them all several times and they are still great, but they don't quite approach the amazingness of the first time I read the series (basically in a row) while on maternity leave.

3. The Hunger Games series (Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mocking Jay) by Suzanne Collins. The first time I read the Hunger Games I could not stop thinking about it for days. It is crazy but totally compelling and when the third book in the series came out this summer I read all three as fast as I could so I could find out the ending. Totally amazing.

4. Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and The Lost Hero series by Rick Riordan - these books are all great, especially when read in a row as fast as possible. The Percy Jackson books are pretty quick reads, but the first book in the Lost Hero series was satisfyingly longer. I can't wait until the rest in the series are released!

Other YA favorites:

     - Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson - this is a very funny book, it is a series as well, but the first is
        the best. This author has several other books that are all good.

     - All American Girl by Meg Cabot - this is also a really funny book. I think this is the author of Princess
        Diaries which I have not read but heard was good.

No comments: