Monday, March 15, 2010

No. 31: Operation Sheba: Super Agent Series

Operation Sheba: Super Agent Series by Misty Evans

Another FREE book this one about the CIA and including the SEALs and FBI - a promising start I think! However, I didn't love the book as much as I wanted to. I think it was too long. Which is a complaint I have had lately and a surprising one because usually I complain that books are too short. But I thought this book should have wrapped things up a little sooner. The author kept throwing in unnecessary twists and scenes that made things kind of start to drag.

But I did like that the FMC was a field agent in the CIA and knew how to kick butt and shoot bad guys and blow things up. I liked the MMC - Conrad, and I liked Mike. I didn't like the resolution to that little love triangle (I think the note is a cop out!) but I thought the characters themselves were interesting. I also liked the death-faking part. Although I didn't love the FMC's reaction to it. I didn't hate it mind you, but I didn't love it.

I guess that is a good description for my feelings about this book. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. I wanted to love it, but I just couldn't get there. But it is definitely worth a read if you like spy books. Which I do.

No comments: