Tuesday, March 30, 2010

No. 40: Fantasy in Death

Fantasy in Death by JD Robb

This is the 30th or thereabouts book in the In Death series and I think the series is feeling its age. I couldn't really get into this book. I like a good serial killer in this series, not a future technology mystery. There was hardly any Rorke to speak of - which is a real tragedy. And not enough Peabody, also a tragedy because she is funny and I don't really care for Eve that much. After all these years she is getting on my nerves :)

Obviously I will continue to read this series as long as new books are printed, but I think Nora needs to up her game to make the series more interesting. Although I honestly don't know what she is going to do for a murder, I think this one was pushing it. I will be interested to see what she comes up with next.

Also, I did buy this book too. Oops again.

No comments: