Monday, March 15, 2010

No. 32: Not Without Risk

Not Without Risk by Suzanne Brockmann

After much deliberation I have decided on a rule regarding multiple books republished into a single book. And here it is: if the books can be purchased separately (because they are independent novels) I will count them separately. If they are only available in a collection (for example a collection of novellas) I will count them as one book. So there you go!

This is one of two books republished in a single book entitled - Not Without Risk. Because Suzanne Brockmann is probably my favorite author, I decided to break my book spending ban and I bought it. In book form no less! I have all of her books and I like to see them lined up on my book shelf. In series order, because I am a little OCD that way :)

I liked this book. Her reissued books can be really hit or miss, but this was a winner. The FMC discovers that her boyfriend is running a drug smuggling operation. She immediately runs to the police as soon as she discovers this (which is brave and a little bit crazy) and they plan to put an officer undercover in her house, posing as her brother. Seems like a good plan. But then, the officer they are going to put undercover is none other than the man that broke her heard x number of years ago. So it is DRAMATIC! And they still love each other - but she is super pissed because he totally broke her heart. But he did it because of TRAGEDY and a misguided sense of unworthiness and guilt. And there is kidnapping and boats and shooting. All very exciting. The only downside were the references to clothing from decades past. Which is really only kind of funny and not actually a downside.

No comments: