Thursday, March 18, 2010

No. 37: It's In His Kiss

It's In His Kiss by Julia Quinn

Oh how I love the Bridgerton series!!! Whenever I need a guaranteed good book to read (because Amazon has failed me with its lousy free books selection and the stupid spending freeze is still on) I can turn to this series and know that it will be great! I needed a book because last night I went and took a bath in my parent's giant bathtub. My own bathtub is stupid and tiny - and there is almost nothing I love more than reading a book in the tub. As an added bonus, there is no potential for interruption by children because my children were home in bed!!!

I basically read the entire book in the bath and it was lovely. I can't save favorite lines in a real book as easily as I can on my sweet sweet Kindle, but I did manage to mark one:

"The two of you together are a menace" Penelope remarked.

"My aim in life," Lady Danbury announced, "is to be a menace to as great a number of people as possible, so I shall take that as the highest of compliments."

Lady Danbury is an excellent character and she is a recurring one to varying degrees throughout the whole series. Although this book is her best!

I have read this book many times and loved it every time. And written about it here. Julia Quinn is one of my favorite authors, she strikes just the right balance between witty and funny and serious and emotional. And the characters are all likable, especially the MMCs who are all fabulously good looking and romantic despite themselves :)

No comments: