Monday, March 15, 2010

No. 34: Dark Angel

Dark Angel by Mary Balogh

This is another older book reprinted into a two books in one series. I will confess that I bought this book too. Bad Holly. But I love Mary Balogh too. She is hard to resist.

Although, I was a little nervous because her older, more traditional regencies are not my favorite. I mean sometimes I kind of hate them. So I was nervous, but as it turned out, both of these were good!

In this book, the FMC is a pawn in a feud between two men - her fiancee of 5 years and a recently returned from exile rake who hates her fiancee. There is scandal (a couple of scandals actually) and fighting and a hasty marriage (I won't say to whom) and more fighting. I didn't really like Samantha, the FMC's cousin and I thought that part of the plot was annoying. But I suppose it did add more drama. If that is the sort of thing you like :)

No comments: