Tuesday, March 30, 2010

No 41: The Cinderella Deal

The Cinderella Deal by Jennifer Cruise

I don't know what it is with this author. Sometimes I love her books and sometimes I am kind of ambivalent. For this one I am ambivalent leaning towards "eh, it was okay, I kind of liked it." I don't really know how I feel. The FMC was quirky - and at first it was annoying, but she kind of grew on me by the end. Same with the MMC. Annoying at first, then increasingly okay until the end when I actually liked him. The secondary characters were either overly quirky (ex: Chickie) or unmemorable (ex: the best friend) or annoying (the Dad and step-family) I was interested in her paintings - the Lizzie Borden one sounded kind of awesome.

All in all it was fine. With some good parts and some irritating parts. But not bad for reading during lunch :)

No comments: